Environment and Sustainability
Our Successes and Objectives
- We recycle 99% of non-hazardous waste removed KpH Deconstruction sites and recycle 97% of hazardous liquid waste removed from KpH Environmental sites.
- Our Environmental Management System is certified to ISO 14001:2015 standard.
- We are lowering our energy consumption and vehicle emission levels to the standards set by London Emissions and Euro 6 Legislation.
- We are targeted to reduce the use of electricity and water within our offices/yard.
- Key staff members are BREEAM Awareness trained.
- We carry out Pre-Refurbishment Audits for our clients in order to predict waste streams, establish take back schemes and re-use options. This in turn allows the project to obtain up to 7 credits under the BREEAM scheme.
- We monitor advances in technology and use the latest equipment and techniques to improve energy efficiency and reduce noise pollution.
- Our staff are fully trained in the clean-up and decontamination of pollutants, oil spills and hazardous waste.
- We hold campaigns, such as “spotlight on plastic”, to ensure we are raising awareness within our teams of key environmental issues.
- We ensure that sustainability is a significant part of our Supply Chain’s ethos via a carefully monitored Supply Chain Approval Process.
- KpH Group Ltd have FSC and PEFC suppliers for all timber used across our sites
- On a project by project basis KpH complete a Site Waste Management Plan that details the materials removed from site and their subsequent waste streams. The report further highlights the end destination for all waste that is removed from site.
from our Sites
KpH Group Ltd complies with the strategic principles and requirements, defined by BREEAM, by striving to achieve the following:
- Minimise impact on the global and local environment.
- Maximise resource efficiency.
- Maximise health, wellbeing, comfort, safety and security of users and others.
- Maximise social and cultural values.
- Maximise opportunities for effective and efficient use of facilities.
We are able to demonstrate our compliance with BREEAM principles, and evidence the effectiveness of our carbon emission monitoring and reduction processes, each time we are awarded a Considerate Constructors Scheme Performance Beyond Compliance Certificate. We consistently score high marks in the following key areas:
- protecting the environment;
- securing everyone’s safety;
- valuing our workforce;
- respecting the local community;
- caring about appearance.
We are Corporate Supporters of Surrey Wildlife Trust
This year KpH Environmental are sponsoring Surrey Wildlife Trust to continue working with organisations and landowners to protect wildlife sites across the county and inspire local communities and young people to care for wildlife where they live.
KpH Group will be providing long-term support to the Trust; volunteering for key projects in the local community and generating engagement and awareness for their environmental campaigns.
We are also encouraging our staff to take advantage of their Wildlife for Wellbeing scheme which is designed to improve mental health and morale.
For more information about the great works carried out by the Surrey Wildlife Trust visit: https://www.surreywildlifetrust.org/what-we-do